On this week’s Education Gadfly Show podcast, Gail Post joins Mike Petrilli and David Griffith to discuss how parents can support their gifted children and advocate for their educational needs. Then, on the Research Minute, Amber looks at a Dallas program that used salary bonuses to attract and retain highly effective teachers at hard-to-staff schools.
- Gail’s new book: The Gifted Parenting Journey: A Guide to Self-discovery and Support for Families of Gifted Children
- Fordham’s Substack newsletter on gifted education: Advance
- “The wonderful but weighty challenges of parenting a gifted child” —Victoria McDougald
- “A formula for creating more equitable gifted and talented programs” —Wall Street Journal
- The study that Amber reviewed on the Research Minute: Andrew Morgan et al., “Attracting and retaining highly effective educators in hard-to-staff schools,” NBER Working Paper (March 2023)
Have ideas for improving our podcast? Send them to our producer Nathaniel Grossman at email@example.com.